Monday, March 17, 2008

Aspen Rocks!!

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

Ralph Waldo Emerson



I just returned from a great trunk show/personal appearance in Aspen at a gallery named Chepita. It was an amazing show; not only was it successful in terms of sales, but I met some great people! I loved meeting the clients who enjoy collecting my work. Seeing what my creations mean to them makes it all seem worth while.
The people who work at Chepita are great too, and I really enjoyed hanging out with them. They were fun people, very knowledgeable, and they promoted the show extremely well, too: Chepita put half page color ads in the local newspapers for a week, put a full page ad in one of the local magazines that is in all of the hotels, sent out a ton of postcards and also gave stacks of the cards to all of the hotels. On top of that, Aspen Magazine did a wonderful editorial on me for this month!
I had a staggering amount of interest in my one of a kind "Gothic Harlequin Cross", which was featured in the newspaper ads. I ended up selling the original piece and getting a special order on a custom version of it! It was very hard to part with that piece, it felt so personal... but I loved how happy it made the woman who bought it!

Below are pictures I took of the Chepita storefront, and my jewelry on display inside. Isn't it a beautiful store?! (The picture above is the view from outside my hotel.) I also attached a picture of the Gothic Harlequin Cross, to commemorate its sale. I'll miss it, but now I get to make a new version!

No comments:

Post a Comment